Where is the Conference venue?
The Conference venue is at the Westin Chicago Northwest Hotel located at
400 Park Blvd., Itasca, IL 60143
Hotel is just 12 miles from O’Hare Airport.
What is the airport that serves the Chicago area?
Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
10000 West O’Hare, Chicago, IL 60666
How do you get from the O’Hare Airport to the Conference venue?
a. By All Star Cab – about $28. Contact (630) 787-9200. Reservation required. (Info from Hotel website)
b. By UberX – about $43.00. Reserve via your Uber Phone App.
Note: Hotel DOES NOT provide Free Shuttle Service from/to Airport.
When does the Conference start and end?
Conference starts on Friday, September 28 at 4:30 pm with Holy Rosary and ends on Sunday, September 30 at 12:30 pm.
Note: There is a LEADERS FORUM scheduled for Friday, September 28, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
Who should attend the LEADERS’ FORUM?
This is an invitation to all HOLD leaders*
– Please register early as seating capacity is limited.
– First to register, first served.
* Organizing team has the discretion to reserve seats to make sure all areas are represented.
How do I register for Conference?
You must complete the Conference Registration Form and submit it to your Area Conference Coordinator (ACC). ACC must submit a list of registrants and mail registration forms and checks by batches to Helen Santos, Registration Secretariat (2404 N Tedy Lane, Round Lake Beach, IL 60073). ACC must also email to Registration Secretariat @ firstname.lastname@example.org to inform her that registration list, registration forms and payments have been mailed.
How much is Conference Fee?
1. Early Bird Rates and Deadline is 7/31/18 until Midnight CST (must be fully paid)
— Quad Occupancy – $220/person*
— Double Occupancy – $270/person*
2. Regular Rate applies from 8/1/18 until 9/4/18.
— Quad Occupancy – $240/person*
— Double Occupancy – $290/person*
Note: Regular Rate applies for registrations received after 9/4 and will be accepted subject to availability of room.
* If paying by Credit Card, a credit card processing fee (2.9% + $0.30) will be added to the total charges.
How can I pay my Conference Fee?
– Mail-In Payment will be by check made out to COUPLES FOR CHRIST.
– You can also pay by Credit Card using the Online Registration page.
Can I register onsite?
No. There will be no WALK-IN Registration accepted.
Can I attend the conference but not stay in the hotel to save a little bit?
No. Unfortunately, we cannot offer commuter rates. The cost of registration is based on the contract as set by the Hotel which combines the cost of accommodation, food, use of their facilities and services.
Do you refund registration fee in case of cancellation and request for reimbursement?
Cancellation and request for reimbursements will be reviewed for merit by USA HOLD National Core Group after the conference
Is hotel parking free?
Yes, hotel provides complimentary parking.
How many meals are included in the registration fee?
The registration fee includes four (4) meals – Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast. Friday dinner is not included.
What is the weather like in Chicago in September?
Weather is actually quite pleasant most of the time. Normal high is 74 and normal low is 54. But bring a sweater or light jacket as temps at night can get on the chilly side.
How do you get to Downtown Chicago from the Hotel?
The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to Metra station which is approximately 3 miles from the hotel.
Metra train will take you to downtown Chicago. For train schedule, go to:
What are some of Chicago’s attractions and places to see?
- Willis Tower Skydeck (formerly Sears Tower) – see the expanse of Chicagoland area from 1,350 feet above. http://www.theskydeck.com
- Navy Pier – 50 acres of parks. Gardens, shops, rides, restaurants.
- Magnificent Mile – truly magnificent and it’s a mile long. You’ll find 450 stores, 275 restaurants and 51 hotels. Boutiques from the likes of Cartier, Chanel, Vera Wang, Tiffany, Gucci.
- Millennium Park is a world-class venue for award winning public art and architecture and performances of all genres.
For more attractions and places to go in Chicago you may visit this link: http://www.chicagotraveler.com/attractions.htm